RISE Canberra Calendar Listing Guidelines
The RISE Canberra program has been established by Events ACT to support the events sector and the Canberra community during the COVID-19 pandemic. RISE Canberra aims to help the community to stay connected, to maintain social cohesion and to promote well-being through participating in events and activities while physical distancing regulations and limits on mass gatherings are in place.
RISE Canberra Calendar
The calendar will provide a central platform for Canberra businesses, events organisers, artists and organisations to share information and promote events, activities and experiences, and for the community to stay informed about what’s on in the region and how they can participate.
Groups, individuals, and businesses in the Canberra Region events, entertainment and arts industry are invited to submit events and activities for the RISE Canberra Calendar.
Submitting information about your activity/event is free of charge and Events ACT will not be collecting any fees for paid events/collaborations.
Events will be tagged so that people accessing the calendar can search on areas of interest around:
Guidelines and Conditions
Events and activities must meet the guidelines listed below, and publishing will be subject to approval by Events ACT.
Events and activities can be a single event or activity or an ongoing series. Events and activities can be at a set time or on an on-demand basis. Preference will be given for events and activities that engage a community in self-isolation.
The inclusions must:
1. Promote or profile arts, culture, sport or entertainment in the Canberra Region.
2. Encourage social cohesion and pride in the Canberra Region
3. Be consistent with the ACT Health Guidelines regarding COVID-19 (i.e. not encourage gatherings). Any listings must comply with the restrictions in place at the time of the event.
4. The event or activity organiser must manage all transactions related to booking and purchasing tickets if event or activity if not listed as free.
The inclusions must not
1. Be an ongoing service which is not part of an event (eg food delivery)
2. Comment on political or religious issues or topics.
3. Be offensive in any way or disrespectful to any organisation or person.
4. Be unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
5. Publicise personal information or contact details without prior consent of the people
6. Impersonate someone else.
Events ACT reserves the right to reject or remove inclusions that do not meet these requirements or are deemed to be inappropriate or inconsistent with the intent of this initiative.
Securing the appropriate insurance for the event/activity is the responsibility of the organiser and submission of an application for inclusion implies compliance with this requirement.
How do I submit an application for inclusion?
Please complete the online form https://bit.ly/RISECanberraCalendar to express your interest in sharing your event with us. Please fill out all the required areas and submit 2 images of 1MB per image. Images must be at least 1920 x 800 pixels in size for optimal display on the website.
Submissions should be lodged at least one week before the date of your event, unless it is an ongoing activity. You will be notified if your submission has been accepted and when your listing will appear. The RISE Canberra Calendar will be launched on 26 May 2020. Submissions will be accepted at any time.
In submitting your information for listing you consent to this information and your contact details being shared with members of the Events ACT marketing team, or third party media partners engaged by Events ACT. Your information may be promoted on other Events ACT or ACT government channels. You may also be contacted for further details to promote your listing.
Please note – you will require a Google account to access the form.
If you have any questions please check our FAQs, or email the team at RiseCanberra@act.gov.au
1. What types of events and activities can I submit?
Any event or activity that can be safely conducted within the constraints of physical distancing guidelines, and which contributes to the aim of providing opportunities to engage with the community.
2. Do I have to commit to doing an event and activity regularly?
You can submit an event or activity once or as a regular series, it’s really up to you.
3. What does it cost to be part of the calendar?
Listing on the RISE Canberra Calendar is free.
4. Can I charge for my event or activity?
Yes. If you feel that you could charge for sharing, performing and inspiring the community please do. Alternatively, we also welcome free events, or ‘tasters’ for people wanting to continue watching/engaging.